Conditions of Booking
Conditions of Booking between Island Cottage Holidays Ltd (ICH) and the signatory of the booking form (the visitor)
1. A booking only becomes effective when ICH accepts the signed booking form and the deposit. The visitor will then become liable to pay the balance of the total cost of the holiday eight weeks before the commencement of the holiday. The balance will be taken from the same card with which you paid the deposit for the holiday, unless you tell us otherwise. Payments of the credit card incur a charge of 2% commission. Failure to pay the balance eight weeks before your holiday will constitute cancellation by the visitor. It is however the normal practice of ICH to send at least one reminder before cancellation.
2. The balance payable will include a security bond which will be returned to the visitor within 14 working days of departure from the property less any deductions for loss, damage, telephone charges or extra cleaning.
3. In the event of a visitor cancelling the holiday, ICH will try to re-book the accommodation. In the event that ICH rebooks the accommodation the visitor will be liable to pay an administrative charge of £115. If ICH is unable to re-book the accommodation, the visitor will be liable for the full amount due for the holiday. Cancellation Protection Insurance arranged through ICH is required unless visitors pay 40% of the cost of the holiday at the time of booking or the visitor has his/her own cancellation insurance and written details of his/her insurer and the relevant policy number are shown on the booking form.
4. If you want to change your booking once your confirmation has been issued, an administrative fee of £28 will be payable to ICH once any change has been made. However, it is important to realise that a change of property or date may be treated as a cancellation of one booking and the making of another. In such cases, cancellation charges referred to above will be payable. No administrative fee will be applied for making of new ferry bookings.
5. All prices quoted are per property per week unless stated otherwise.
6. The contract for the booking is in all cases with the property owner. Where ferry crossings are arranged ICH does not act on behalf of the ferry company.
7. Every effort has been made to ensure that the details contained in the brochure are accurate but no guarantee is given.
8. The property must only be occupied by the party on the booking form. ICH must be advised at the time of booking if the party of the visitor will be comprised of an all-male or all female group.
9. The visitor must leave the property in a clean and tidy condition.
10. The property owner or his/her representative shall be allowed access to the property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
11. Neither the property owner nor ICH shall be liable for the death, or injury to the visitor, or his/her party or for any loss or damage to the possessions of the visitor or his/her party howsoever caused to the extent that such liability can be excluded by the law and the visitor shall indemnify the property owner and ICH against any claims arising from occupation of the property by the visitor and his/her party.
12. The visitor is liable to the property owner for the actual costs of any loss, damage, extra cleaning, telephone charges or any other extra costs arising from the occupation of the property by the visitor and his/her party for which the visitor or his/her party is liable. The visitor must notify any damage, losses and breakages to the property owner or ICH before the property is vacated.
13. The doors and windows of the property must be secured each time the property is left unoccupied during the holiday. Any theft or damage resulting from non-compliance will be the visitor’s responsibility and must be replaced, repaired or otherwise made good at the expense of the visitor.
14. In the event of a problem the visitor should immediately contact the property owner or caretaker who will try to solve the problem. If the problem is not resolved to the satisfaction of the visitor, the visitor should contact ICH before the end of the holiday. No complaints will be considered by ICH unless raised during the holiday.
15. Occupation of the property is from 2.30 p.m. Saturday (arrival day) until 10 a.m. Saturday (departure day) unless otherwise stated on the holiday confirmation letter.
16. If the property is not available for any reason the property owner and ICH are relieved of all liability beyond the full refund of monies received.
17. If, in the opinion of the property owner, the visitor or any of his/her party are guilty of conduct, prejudicial to the property, or are in breach of the law, or cause a serious disturbance, the proprietor may re-take possession of the property without compensation to the visitor.
18. Pets may only be taken to properties shown in the brochure as permitting pets. The pets must be described on the booking form and accepted by ICH. Pets must be restricted to the areas indicated in the brochure and/or areas agreed with ICH at the time of booking and not be allowed on furniture, left unattended or allowed to foul the property of the garden. Pets are not allowed in bedrooms or upstairs in properties unless this has been specifically agreed. Only the pets shown on the booking form accepted by ICH are permitted.
19. Smoking is not permitted inside properties where it is stated in the brochure that smoking is not permitted.
20. Children must not be left unsupervised in properties with pools, ponds or other features which have a potential hazard for children.
21. All vehicles are parked on the properties at the vehicle owner’s risk.
22. All keys must be returned to the property owner at the time of departure or replaced in the property key safe or posted back to ICH on the day of departure.